I am looking for a Meeting & Events Specialist who will report to the Office Manager/Facilities Coordinator and is responsible for managing all bookable rooms within the building as well as delivering professional onsite events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and efficiently maintain up-to-date the room booking systems.
- Provide timely, accurate & personalised response to meetings and events enquiries.
- Effectively liaise with Technicians, Cleaners and Reception for the meeting set-ups by ensuring that communication is optimum as to avoid any operational issues.
- Ensure accurate room booking information is displayed on each room every morning and that their general condition is meeting the agreed standards.
- Ensure all relevant and key meeting information is available whenever updates are needed.
- Monitor meeting room signage condition, furniture (cleanliness, set-up/removal, general condition) and AV/VC equipment proper functioning.
- Continually improve, simplify and innovate worksheets as well as processes by actively bringing up issues, possible solutions & sharing ideas.
- Convey relevant feedback to line manager when appropriate.
- Set up and maintain professional relationship with local suppliers (eg food, hotels, and conference facilities).
- Monitor usage of F&B meeting consumables in the kitchen and other food services in each building (vending machines and caterers)
- Plan and organise M&E relevant contractors training session based on actual needs
- Monitor & manage stock of crockery – conduct quarterly inventories and stock replenishment orders.
- Prepare relevant M&E statistics by the end of each month
Skills and Competencies
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Pack
- Familiar with leadership skills
- Customer service experience in a quality/demanding environment
- Operational and administrative experience in a medium to large Meeting, Conference, Banqueting environment
- Exposure in an international corporate organization
- Hotel Reception / Concierge experience desired/ Running a front desk
- Hospitality or Hotel Management Degree