I am looking for a number of Facilities Managers for my Client in Germany.
The role is responsible for working directly with the local client to ensure a thorough understanding of their objectives and the implementation of acceptable property-specific operating strategies that achieve these required standards. Once developed the FM must oversee the implementation of all approved initiatives and programs, by managing and coordinating the efforts of the FM team (e.g. direct reports, service providers, contractors, and building employees) to achieve the goals.
Skills and Competencies for the role are
- Decision making / complex problem solving:
- Proactively gathers information from appropriate sources
- Probes/considers all of the facts
- Considers other perspectives
- Refers to long term plans and goals, draws sound inferences
- Prioritizes key factors
- Acts decisively, promptly and confidently
- Able to operate with limited guidance
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Strong communication skills, leadership, teamwork, analysis, judgment and customer focus.
- Planning and organising:
- Able to evaluate priorities and re-juggle as appropriate
- Able to resolve conflict and communicate intentions clearly
- Deliver on time and with high quality results
- A self-starter who possesses intellectual curiosity.
- A proven team player at ease with sleeves rolled up approach.
- Spreadsheets and word processing
- High level of IT literacy
- Customer focused
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
Experience and Qualifications
- Ideally 6 years + experience in Facilities Management role within a large commercial organization.
- Experience of owning facilities contracts and supplier/ contractor management.
- Experience with EU Facility legislation, and governing bodies.
- Quality Assurance knowledge and experience desirable.
- Fluency in German and English essential.