The County Manager is responsible for managing the operational delivery of cost effective outsourced and facility management services to locations in Ireland. Leading by example, both Strategic and Operational management is required to develop and drive best practice, regional consistency and alignment across the global account.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for the quality, safety, cost and delivery of all in scope services for the Region.
- Act as the focal point within the management team for all operational matters within the region.
- Work closely alongside the Client management team to deliver best in class service to the region.
- Relationship holder with the Client Manager responsible for the region based in London.
- A continual assessment of customer needs and perceptions of the service is required. Overall responsibility for customer satisfaction for all of the services both soft and technical.
- Manage all issues through to satisfactory conclusion.
- Escalation point for all issues and incidents across the region.
- Ensure all Client premises have Health and Safety system in place and that it is audited for compliance.
- Ensure all contract activities comply with all company, legal and client requirements for Health and Safety, Quality Management, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Oversee and where necessary carry out in conjunction with FM's monthly H&S inspections.
- Ensure supply chain effectively manages the critical assets.
- Manage the team of three FM’s in the region and maintain excellent team morale ensuring contingency and cross training plans are in place to manage team absences. Focus team on meeting agreed reporting, vendor KPIs, management of budgets and associated deadlines.
- Manage the Client reporting processes across the region.
- Responsibility for Vendor management of all supply partners, ensure all vendors are managed fairly, responsibly and consistently reflecting SLA’s and KPIs. Ensure reporting is in place to evidence this and that all vendors are invoicing, and subsequently paid in a timely manner. Drive best practice and act as an example in this area, managing delivery closely. Attend all Vendor Management meetings and drive best practice and continuous improvement.
- Oversee the production and submission of all vendor management reports, again drive best practice in this area.
- Support Finance Department in the development and ongoing management and control of budget spend. Maintain overall responsibility for this throughout the region, ensuring FM’s are adequately trained and performing in this area.
- Lead all Client meetings regarding Client invoice presentations and monthly variance reporting, ensure all spend can be clearly and succinctly explained.
- Oversee all accruals and variance reports in the region, provide training where appropriate
- Investigate, plan and make recommendations to Alliance Director to implement best practice and forward thinking strategy within the account.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS include the following:
- Distinctively skilled in outsourced service solutions to international clients preferably in the banking sector
- Hands on approach
- Strong business acumen
- Experience of managing budgets and sub-contractors
- Excellent motivation and managerial skills
- Strong vendor management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Having qualification in a facilities/technical based discipline and experience of sub-contractor supervision
- Experience of 2 years in a similar position
- To perform this job a university degree in business or a technical discipline would be favourable
- Ability to comprehend, analyse and interpret complex business documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to highly sensitive issues.
- Ability to write reports and articles in a clear and concise style.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, management and/or public groups.
- Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, vendors, management, and client groups to take desired action.
- Excellent knowledge in oral and written English
A practical working knowledge of financial terms and principles. An ability to review and analyse complex financial/business reports/ data and develop innovative solutions, as well as experience in conducting analysis/due diligence in terms of contract negotiation
- Demonstrate an ability to solve complex problems and deliver a variety of options in complex situations.
- Requires a sound level of analytical and quantitative skills
- Be flexible, proactive and customer focused
- Be dynamic and have the ability to enthuse people
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate with clients, staff (at all levels) and staff representatives in a professional and efficient manner
- Must be articulate and numerate with good communication and presentation skills
- Management of multi-sites in mainland Europe or EMEA
- Ability to prepare required reports and support of the Client Finance team in relation to service level agreements for both client and sub-contractors
- Good understanding of the importance of cost savings and sustainability in business
- Previous experience in similar role