I am currently looking for one interim contract manager to manage the provision of Estates Services to a large new build PFI multi-site contract in South East London.
The role is expected to last three months
The sites are to be managed according to contractual and commercial requirements, and include a significant requirement for relationship management with both the Project Company and site occupants.
- People Management – Provide, support, and give direction to FM staff and service providers. Be the point of escalation to deal with issues, problems and queries raised on site, which fall outside staffs’ responsibility.
- Work Order Management - Effective management of work order management system, utilising management reports and highlighting issues for resolution with service providers. Monitoring of management through building reports and trend analysis.
- Contract Management – operation of contract management tools and provision of reporting and measurement.
- Payment Mechanism - Review deductions status, identify work orders which are due and ensure closure within given time scales with a view to eliminating financial penalties. Reporting of unavailability and other high deduction risk activities.
- Financial Management – Ensure contract compliance ‘and best value for money’ through the identification of areas of non?conformance and resolve through effective contract management. Awareness of all commercial requirements within to ensure contract specific details are implemented and complied with.
- Health and Safety/Compliance – Ensure a safe working environment for all the users of the premises, and offer and provide sound and proficient advice in H&S matters in accordance with contractual requirements. This will include undertaking Risk assessments and overseeing the inspection of fire/life/safety systems and the management of contractors on site. Provide both proactive and reactive advice and have awareness of all Statutory and Legislative obligations. Manage operational compliance in line with procedures.
- Client and customer liaison – Establish and maintain good occupancy relationships through co-ordinated personal contact with the customer, on-site staff, and their management. Make recommendations designed to promote good relationships including taking all reasonable measures to promote good industrial relations.
- Quality Management – Conduct regular formal monitoring of quality standards and identify areas of poor performance for resolution with Service Partner management. Ensure operating procedures are adhered to and quality procedures are followed.
- Contract Management - Manage client and service providers quarterly review meetings. Contribute towards the preparation of the monthly review of site specific and the regional operations.
- Capital Projects – Additional works will often be required to be undertaken, which will require the adherence to CDM and other construction regulations. These requirements will need to be managed and complied with.
Experience and Knowledge
- Significant previous experience in an FM role with a good understanding of the activities involved in Facilities Management, including technical aspects
- Ability to line manage professional staff and implementation of staff appraisals and development plans
- A good understanding of contract management
- Thorough understanding of Health & Safety requirements for site management and management of contractors
- Recognised qualification associated with Health and Safety e.g. NEBOSH
- Knowledge of PFI contracts, particularly in a service environment
- Good IT skills including MS Office
- Ability to understand and present formatted reports and complex statistical information accurately to a wide variety of people
Personal Skills and Qualities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to influence others through collaboration to achieve results
- Ability to prioritise multiple responsibilities, and display sound judgement and co-ordination
- Ability to demonstrate proven customer focus and customer service skills
- Ability to proactively prioritise and define problems, collect and analyse data, establish facts and draw valid and commercially balanced conclusions. Including an ability to draw up plans to achieve results.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Flexible, highly motivated and tenacious. Able to work largely unsupervised whilst remaining a team player. Displays high levels of loyalty and commitment.