I am looking for a Building Technician/Handyman for my FM Service Provider client based in Cambridge
Reporting to the Assistant Facilities Manager, the Building Technician is responsible for managing the day to day help-desk requests, reactive moves & churns. As the handyman role supports the receptionist the person must also demonstrate a high level of security awareness at all times and have knowledge of emergency evacuation procedures and Health & Safety.
The candidate must demonstrate the following skills:
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Good experience of spreadsheets and word processing
- Delivery of small project works within the building.
- Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written report
- Familiar with computer equipment and programs. (Word, excel and outlook)
- Skilled and able to operate electric hand tools, work on a ladder, carry tools, lift and carry heavy loads
Minimum 3 years’ experience to include good DIY skills with some carpentry skills. Basic electrical knowledge
The candidate must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Customer focused
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity